Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fine Silver Nest Ring

Fine Silver Nest Ring
I love making rings, even though I don't make too many. Rings can be as simple as a plain band or over the top mini-sculptures. The nest ring leans more towards the later. This particular ring is made of Precious Metal Clay. I created a form to use for the creation of the nest and formed the clay around it. Once dried, i finished the green ware and then added the "eggs". The "eggs" are made of PMC. I create d the spheres as a means to use any leftover small bits of clay. Once dry, the nest is attached to the band, finished and fired. I tumbled the ring to give it strength and left it a shiny silver.

To see more detailed pictures or to purchase this ring go to Fine Silver Nest Ring.
For more jewelry by Prairie Willow go to Prairie Willow's website or
studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment